Manipulating MySQL Sets

Carsten Haese carsten.haese at gmail.com
Sat Dec 12 18:22:52 EST 2009

Victor Subervi wrote:
> Yep, sure does, but it isn't. Again:
>
>               if isinstance(colValue[0], (str, int, long, float, long,
> complex, unicode, list, buffer, xrange, tuple)):
>                 pass
>               else:
>                 print 'XXX'
>
> and those "strings" printed triple-X. It ain't no string. Besides, if it
> were a string, I'd be able to slice it, wouldn't I? Can't slice it either.

Well, then colValue[0] is not a string. This in turn probably means that
colValue[0] does not represent the contents of a SET-type column.
However, I can't tell you what it actually is, because you're once again
not providing enough information. We'd need to see where colValue is
coming from to find out what colValue[0] is.

--
Carsten Haese
http://informixdb.sourceforge.net