(OT) Where Are Cookies Stored?

Lie Ryan lie.1296 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 06:40:39 EST 2009

On 12/17/2009 2:33 AM, Dave Angel wrote:

> Victor Subervi wrote:
>> On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 6:57 PM, r0g <aioe.org at technicalbloke.com> wrote:
>>
>> <snip>
>>> Cookies in FF for Windows are stored in an sqlite database in here...
>>>
>>> ~\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\%XYZ%\firefox_profile\
>>>

>> Man, I searched C drive (the only drive) on this computer where I'm
>> working
>> (Internet cafe) for "Application Data" and nuttin.
>>
> How are you searching? Microsoft is so sure we don't want to see the
> gory details that they hide all sorts of things, by default. And
> especially on a public computer, you shouldn't even look with Explorer.
> As for searching with Explorer, there are not only design problems, but
> bugs as well. Get a command line, and do something like:

<snip>

Or, you can just open Internet Explorer, type at the address bar
"www.google.com"; then wait for a few seconds. After the page loads,
type "windows {VERSION} application data" where you substitute {VERSION}
with the windows version you're using. Press "I'm feeling lucky" and
skim the page for something that looks like pathnames.