Dangerous behavior of list(generator)

Albert van der Horst albert at spenarnc.xs4all.nl
Fri Dec 18 12:58:21 EST 2009

In article <mailman.1818.1260694428.2873.python-list at python.org>,
Gabriel Genellina <gagsl-py2 at yahoo.com.ar> wrote:
<SNIP>

>Despite a promise in PEP 289, generator expressions semantics isn't
>explained in detail in the language reference. I can't tell if the
>difference is intentional, accidental, undocumented behavior, an
>implementation accident, a bug, or what...

Philosophically speaking ...
An important feature that is not documented is a severe defect.
(important maps to severe).
Before it is documented, there can be no discrepancy between
specification and implementation so other defects are formally
not present in relation to this situation.

>--
>Gabriel Genellina

Groetjes Albert.

albert at spe&ar&c.xs4all.nl &=n http://home.hccnet.nl/a.w.m.van.der.horst