Using ZODB (or something else) for storing lots of metadata about RSS/Atom feeds and posts

Thomas Doggette tdoggette at gmail.com
Fri Dec 18 14:04:44 EST 2009

I'm working on (or rather, at this point, planning) a project that
will involve keeping track of every post in a large number of Atom
feeds, as well as a lot of metadata about how posts are linked and how
users interact with them.

The idea of having all of these be persistent objects is very
appealing, but I'm not sure the ZODB is ideal for what I'm doing. Can
people with more experience working with data sets like this give me
some advice on what they've had luck using?