Multithreaded python program freezes

Andreas Røsdal andrearo at pvv.ntnu.no
Sun Dec 20 11:36:07 EST 2009

Hello,

I have some problems with a http proxy which is implemented
in Python 2.6. A few times a day, the proxy begins using 100% CPU
and doesn't work any more.

I have created a thread dump when the problem occurs here:
http://www.pvv.ntnu.no/~andrearo/thread-dump.html

This is a thread dump during normal operation:
http://www.pvv.ntnu.no/~andrearo/thread-dump-normal.html

The source code can be found here:
http://code.google.com/p/freeciv-forever/source/browse/trunk/freeciv-proxy/

The application is heavily multi-threaded, since its main function
is being a proxy converting packets containing C struct data to JSON
over HTTP.

Any advice on why this Python program appears to freeze? Is there anything
more I can do to find out why this problem occurs?

Andreas R