Anybody use web2py?

mdipierro massimodipierro71 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 20 17:57:39 EST 2009

People seem to think that because web2py has a default for almost
everything (part of its design) than you must use the default.

- There is a web based IDE but you *can* use the shell instead (like
you do in Django)
- There are migrations but you *can* disable then (and it works like
Django that does not do migrations)
- There are default views for every action but you *can* make your own
- There is a default route to every action but you *can* create your
own routes.py, equivalent to Django urls.py
- There is a default for form layout but you *can* customize them in
multiple ways
- There is a default widget for every field but you *can* change it or
define your own
- There is a default validator for every field but you *can* change it
or create your own
- It comes with a default layout.html but you can user any other html/
css layout or make your own
- It comes with jQuery but you *can* use any other javascript library
- It default to email/password login but you *can* use other
authentication methods (gmail, twitter, openid, rpx, cas, ldap).
- etc.

The only things that web2py does not let you customize are things that
have security implications (like how sessions and uploads are
handled).