Sending ^C

Rick rick207_ at op.pl
Mon Dec 21 11:05:04 EST 2009

Hi,
I am to write script which is to read data from log file which resides on remote host. It's a simple text file but grows to couple of MBytes. I want to do ssh connection to remote, and run 'tail -f _some_file_' command to read only new coming data and process them in the loop. The problem is, I don't know how to deal with it when log file rotates and change name. I need then to break running 'tail -f _some_file_' and excecute 'tail -f _other_file'. Can you give me hints how to do this?
Regards
Rick