RotatingFileHandler key error when parsing a logging config file

jordilin jordilin at gmail.com
Mon Dec 21 16:33:11 EST 2009

Hi,
 I've a config for logging where I set up a file rotation with
handlers.RotatingFileHandler and when the app parses the logging
config it says keyError when trying to parse that section
('RotatingFileHandler' is not defined). Curiously enough, I can do
import logging and from logging.handlers import RotatingFileHandler.

Example:

[handlers]
keys=handlers.RotatingFileHandler

[formatters]
keys=simpleFormatter

[logger_root]
level=DEBUG
handlers=handlers.RotatingFileHandler

[handler_handlers.RotatingFileHandler]
class=handlers.RotatingFileHandler
level=DEBUG
formatter=simpleFormatter

I'm using python 2.4 in the servers. I'm having this in a particular
one, which seems like there must be some kind of configuration error.
Any suggestions,
Thanks