python gtk: input box and "enter"

edgue edwin.guenthner at googlemail.com
Wed Dec 23 02:41:31 EST 2009

Hello there,

I am somewhat fluent in python ... good enough for the daily business
scripting stuff. I have a little script that I use to start the afs
service
on my machine and to collect tokens for multiple afs cells.

I want to enter the password using a GUI window (stdin
in a terminal window is too easy to miss) ... and I found
an "input_box" example for python gtk here:

http://learnfobia.com/category-Computers-107/tutorial-GUI-Applications-in-Python-1935.html

Problem is: this example lets me enter some text ... but when I press
'Enter' ... nothing happens. I have to move the focues to the OK
button;
either by clicking with the mouse or by pressing TAB.

The message box example from that page works as expected - I press
enter and such a window goes away.

I played around a bit .... couldnt find the setting that would help.
Can you help? How do I use gtk to enter a (hidden) text press
ENTER ... done?

regards,
eg