Problem with win32ui

Marc Grondin marcg666 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 06:10:50 EST 2009

On 22/12/2009 1:05 PM, Gabriel Genellina wrote:
> En Tue, 22 Dec 2009 12:31:37 -0300, Marc Grondin <marcg666 at gmail.com>
> escribió:
>
>> Hello everyone,
>> So i have been building an app with python(and learning as i go along) my
>> knowledge of python is still kinda limited but the app work on my pc.
>> I have
>> also compiled it to an exe using py2exe and it also works fine this
>> way on
>> my pc(where python is installed) if however i try to run it from a pc
>> where
>> python is not installed i get this message:
>>
>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>> File "printorders.py", line 2, in <module>
>> File "win32ui.pyc", line 12, in <module>
>> File "win32ui.pyc", line 10, in __load
>> ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found.
>
> There is a missing DLL. Dependency Walker is a useful tool to solve this
> kind of problems:
> http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc738370(WS.10).aspx
> Once you know which DLL is missing, add it to your setup.py

ok so that got me a little further. The app now works on win2k and
windows 7 but on winXP i get this:

  File "printorders.py", line 2, in <module>
   File "win32ui.pyc", line 12, in <module>
   File "win32ui.pyc", line 10, in __load
ImportError: DLL load failed: This application has failed to start
because the a
pplication configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may
fix this
  problem.

Dependencie walker does not find any major issues. what am i missing here.

thank you in advance for your help.