ORM's are evil. Was: Mechanize/ClientForm - How to select IgnoreControl button and submit form

Brian D briandenzer at gmail.com
Thu Dec 24 09:20:14 EST 2009

Just kidding. That was a fascinating discussion.

Now I'd like to see if anyone would rather procrastinate than finish
last-minute shopping.

This problem remains untouched. Anyone want to give it a try? Please?

I'm hoping to implement a project that will be historically
transformational by mapping inequalities in property assessments.

I'm stuck at step one: Scrape data from http://www.opboa.org.

The site uses a bunch of hidden controls.

I can't find a way to get past the initial disclaimer page because the
"Accept" button value reads as None: <IgnoreControl(btAgree=<None>)>
http://www.opboa.org/Search/Disclaimer2.aspx

I've successfully used Mechanize in two other projects, but I've never
seen this IgnoreControl problem before. I also haven't found any
ClientForm examples that handle this problem.

Would anyone like to help me get this off the ground?

Thanks!