Attributions (was Re: switch)

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Thu Dec 24 11:06:21 EST 2009

In article <mailman.1736.1260555724.2873.python-list at python.org>,
Tim Chase  <python.list at tim.thechases.com> wrote:
>On 12/10/2009 09:22 PM, John Bokma wrote:
>>
>> Please don't delete attribution line(s), added:
>>
>>     Asun Friere writes:
>
>I tend to prune them because a good newsreader will thread messages
>and put my reply in the context of the message to which I'm replying.

You are assuming that everyone will get all messages.  Even in this day
of better network connections, that is an ill-founded assumption.
Moreover, you have no assurance that the message will be read in the
context of a newsgroup; consider someone forwarding a single message.

Always always always provide attributions for quoting, it's just the
Right Thing.

Looking back over the years, after I learned Python I realized that I
never really had enjoyed programming before.