how to register with pypi - no such setup.py

Diez B. Roggisch deets at nospam.web.de
Sun Dec 27 19:49:48 EST 2009

Phlip schrieb:
>> I have no alternative, to fix bugs in PyPi, _not_ in "that file", but
>> to continue burning up version numbers that nobody cares about. The
>> message is condescending because I am aware of the reason we version
>> packages, and the message is _not_ helping me apply that reason!
>
> Aaand I just found the Remove button, so the complaint is down to a
> misleading error message!

It's not misleading. It precisely states what's the reason for the
denial of the request, and it's a good reason for that matter.

I agree that a kind of sandbox environment to test PyPI-packaging would
be nice, but in lieu of that, you'll have to stick with removing &
re-creating - or bumping up versions. Which, btw, is *not* to hard if
you do e.g.

   0.1.1234

where 1234 is an increasing number. Just for testing.

Diez