Sys.path entries

Alan Harris-Reid alan at baselinedata.co.uk
Wed Dec 30 14:13:57 EST 2009

Hi there,

In my sys.path (interpreter only, no application loaded), I have the
following strange entries...
'C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\python31.zip'.  This file does not exist
anywhere (although python31.dll does exist in \windows\system32\), where
could it have come from?
'C:\\program files\\python31\\lib\\plat-win'.  There is no such
directory, although I can see that this has been added by the PYTHONPATH
varible in PyConfig.h (when is this loaded?)

Is there any way of removing these entries, or are they best left where
they are?  (I am using Python 3.1 on WinXP)

Also, regarding PyConfig.h - is this read every time I start Python.exe?

Many thanks,
Alan Harris-Reid