Python and FastCGI

Steffen Ebermann lists.se at kthx.de
Wed Dec 30 21:14:35 EST 2009

Hi,

this might be a little off topic (could be any other language)
but I'm trying to set up Python to use FastCGI instead of plain CGI.

The basic setup is no problem but every tutorial (including Python's
'HOWTO Use Python in the web') ends with some basic dispatch file and
that's it. I guess I should know how to go about from there, but,
well I don't.

I guess I could put an execfile('index.py') into the dispatcher and
then rewrite my code for FastCGI (i.e. replace every print with
req.write() for jonpy), but that doesn't seem right to me.

Is there a better solution or do I misunderstand something entirely?
I would be glad if someone could point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance.