Cookies

Carsten Haese carsten.haese at gmail.com
Thu Dec 31 01:10:37 EST 2009

Victor Subervi wrote:
> You know, neither one of those tutorials I followed gave clear, or any,
> instruction about putting a
> print cookie
> statement in the header! How misleading!

Don't blame the tutorials for your failure to read them carefully. The
tutorial you mentioned
(http://www.doughellmann.com/PyMOTW/Cookie/index.html) says the
following right at the beginning: "The Cookie module defines classes for
parsing and creating HTTP cookie *headers*." [Emphasis mine.]

Further down it says: "The output is a valid Set-Cookie *header* ready
to be passed to the client as part of the HTTP response." [Emphasis
mine.] You even copy-and-pasted a snippet containing that very sentence
into an earlier post on this thread, so how you can now claim that the
tutorial didn't mention this is quite beyond me.

--
Carsten Haese
http://informixdb.sourceforge.net