multithreading, performance, again...

Antoine Pitrou solipsis at pitrou.net
Thu Dec 31 09:35:34 EST 2009

>           39123 function calls (38988 primitive calls) in 6.004 CPU
>           seconds

[...]
> It's not burning CPU time in the main thread (profiling with cProfile
> indicated smth similar to the above), it's not burning it in the
> individual worker threads

What do you mean, it's not burning CPU time? The profile output above
seems to suggest 6 CPU seconds were "burnt".

By the way, I don't think running several concurrent profile sessions
dumping *to the same stats file* is supported, consider using a separate
stats file for each thread or the results may very well be bogus.