Open source projects

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Fri Dec 11 22:59:45 EST 2009

Someone Something wrote:
> I'm a pretty okay python programmer and I really want to start
> developing for an open source project. I'm looking for one that
> preferably deals with networking and isn't as huge as twisted (that's
> just a preference, not extremely important). Could anyone suggest any
> projects? I also know C, Perl, Ruby and Java (java least preferred).

Helping port some 3rd party package to Python 3, twisted or otherwise,
would be a great contribution to the community. The barrier for some
groups is that they have just enough energy to maintain the package and
forward port to 2.6 and the upcoming 2.7, but not enough extra to also
make changes for 3.1. I am sure you can find some project of interest
who people would welcome the extra help.

tjr