Graph library for Python

anand jeyahar anand.ibmgsi at gmail.com
Sun Dec 13 05:32:13 EST 2009

 While I agree, I think it's going to be extremely difficult to get any
> kind of buy in without a great deal of support from within python.
> Any devs willing to throw the time required into this?
>
> Geremy Condra
> --

yep i am interested.....
Currently as am on between jobs can devote most of my time over the next 2
months.. but then am not sure..

I have been happy using python-graph.........but recently have grown tired
of the number of implementations (not in small part owing to this thread)...

A crucial element in this hypothetical module would be the main graph
data structure. The simplest approach would be to implement it in pure
python, with lists, dicts and such, as many libraries do. However, this
would rule out its use by high-performance code, which would need a
simpler C-based data structure for direct interaction. On the other
hand, I'm not sure if there is a need for a high performance graph
module in python's standard library...

I disagree...I am not sure of the current need in terms of a precise
survey.....But IMO, as bearophile pointed out.....networkx is the most
popular........and from their claims it is targeted at mathematicians,
physicists, biologists, computer scientists, social scientists.

Given the current trend in the growth of social and professional
networks..... and social scientists (Disclaimer: i aspire to be one).. i do
expect a growing demand for graph data structures and high performance ones
soon enough..

 so IMHO if we are going in for it we should go for the high performance
graphs too..

Anand J
http://sites.google.com/a/cbcs.ac.in/students/anand
The man who is really serious,
with the urge to find out what truth is,
has no style at all. He lives only in what is.
                 ~Bruce Lee

Love is a trade with lousy accounting policies.
                ~Aang Jie