What should I use for testing a web service?

Fencer no.i.dont at want.mail.from.spammers.com
Sun Dec 27 05:24:41 EST 2009

Hello, I need to write a test program for a web service. The web service
publishes its method through a wsdl-file. I recall using SOAPpy in the
past and as a I remember it, it was very easy to "load" the WSDL-file
and call web service methods. But is SOAPpy really maintained anymore?
Someone mentioned ZSI, but that too seems to be abadonware and my first
impression was it's complicated to do what was so easy in SOAPpy (at
least as I recall it).
So I guess my question is: what is a mature, actively-maintained
SOAP/WSDL library that is easy to use for the scenario I have (which is
testing an already existing service)?

- Fencer