Tkinter w.pack()?

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Sun Feb 1 08:56:27 EST 2009

W. eWatson wrote:
> Steve Holden wrote:
>> W. eWatson wrote:

>>> Well, that's an interesting "link". Another side of Google facilities?
>>> Maybe you're using Snagit or its brethern? However, I'm interested in
>>> searching a pdf, which, of course, doesn't yet exist.
>>>
>> OK, someone asked if you'd seen the HTML pages. You replied that you had
>> them bookmarked but they were difficult to search. So I simply
>> demonstrated that a search of the site for "pack" gave the right page as
>> its first result.
>>
>> Maybe you *do* want a PDF, but it will be less searchable than the
>> existing HTML, so I am somewhat confused about why.
>>
>> regards
>>  Steve
> So what are you telling me? I should use Google to search the web site?
> If so, I guess I missed the method you used. Apparently, it hinges on
> the key "site:" The use of your video tool camouflaged your intent, IMHO.

The use of "letmegooglethatforyou" (not my video tool, by the way) is to
point out that with the right search string you could have answered the
question for yourself.

Since you didn't appear to know that Google allowed you to search a
single site (something I perhaps take for granted) I am glad that point
wasn't lost. Yes, you can just search the PIL documentation. Isn't the
Internet great? ;-)

regards
 Steve

--
Steve Holden        +1 571 484 6266   +1 800 494 3119