Refreshing an IE Webpage

K-Dawg kdawg44 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 12:05:39 EST 2009

I have also tried to do this with mechanize:

import mechanize
import time

br = mechanize.Browser()
br.open("URL")
while True:
     br.reload()
     time.sleep(300)

After a bunch of time, I get the following error:
C:\>SDE_KeepAlive-v2.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "C:\SDE_KeepAlive-v2.py",
line 1
1, in <module>

 File
"C:\Python25\lib\site-packages\mechanize-0.1.9-py2.5.egg\mechanize\_mecha
nize.py", line 345, in reload
 File
"C:\Python25\lib\site-packages\mechanize-0.1.9-py2.5.egg\mechanize\_mecha
nize.py", line 257, in _mech_open
mechanize._response.httperror_seek_wrapper: HTTP Error 302: The HTTP server
retu
rned a redirect error that would lead to an infinite loop.
The last 30x error message was:
Found

And on my first code, trying to use the Win32 api, I get the following
error:

C:\> SDE_Keep_Alive.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "C:\SDE_Keep_Alive.py",
line 8,
in <module>
   id=ie.Document.Script._oleobj_.GetIDsOfNames('window.location.reload')
pywintypes.com_error: (-2147352570, 'Unknown name.', None, None)

All I want to do is grab a page and refresh it every 5 minutes.

Thanks.

--
Kevin