Where to host a (Python) project?

andrew cooke andrew at acooke.org
Mon Feb 2 15:53:00 EST 2009

On Feb 1, 8:45 pm, a... at pythoncraft.com (Aahz) wrote:
> [...] I for one won't participate in any list hosted on
> Google because of the need for a Google login.

hi,  just fyi, i investigated this and you can join any publicly
readable group by sending an email to the "-subscribe" address.  you
do not need a google login for this and, as far as i can tell, it then
operates for you like a normal mailing list.

for example, to subscribe to the group foo, you would send an email to
foo-subscribe at googlegroups.com.  to unsubscribe, use foo-