what IDE is the best to write python?

rdmurray at bitdance.com rdmurray at bitdance.com
Tue Feb 3 13:38:41 EST 2009

Quoth aahz at pythoncraft.com (Aahz):
> In article <MPG.23f220f22aa48ce99897ba at news.individual.de>,
> Thorsten Kampe  <thorsten at thorstenkampe.de> wrote:
> >* Aahz (2 Feb 2009 09:29:43 -0800)

> >> Polarized sunglasses don't work too well with LCD monitors
> >
> >Well, the answer to your issue with syntax highlighting is to use a
> >/decent/ highlighting colour scheme. Don't use that all
> >purple/red/green/yellow/blue one. That's for psychedelic trips.
> >
> >Use a decent colour scheme for adults and you will see that you will
> >benefit from syntax highlighting.
>
> Then I have the problem of copying around the syntax highlighting
> configuration to every computer I use.

Well, _that's_ easy to fix.  I have a little bash script called
'synchome' that uses rsync to update the home directory on any
of the remote machines on which I work.  I've had to install
rsync on one or two of the boxes, but that's a useful thing to
do anyway.

(Granted, I still have a couple bugs to work out, where I haven't
taken the time to conditionalize things properly for some of
the more exotic machine configurations, but hey, if I spend
more time on those machines I'll get around to it...)

Now, if you are a Windows user, then I sympathise...a little  :)

--RDM