Kill a function while it's being executed

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Wed Feb 4 16:28:43 EST 2009

"Noam Aigerman" <noama at answers.com> writes:

> About the hijacking - I *might* have done it without understanding
> what I did (replied to a previous message and then changed the
> subject), if that's what you mean...

Right. The message still declares itself (via fields in the header) to
be a reply to the original, regardless of the subject change. If your
reply actually has no bearing on the original, then that's what is
known as hijacking a thread.

To start a new thread, you need to compose a new message to the forum.

--
 \       “[Freedom of speech] isn't something somebody else gives you. |
  `\      That's something you give to yourself.” —_Hocus Pocus_, Kurt |