Use list name as string

Rhodri James rhodri at wildebst.demon.co.uk
Wed Feb 4 19:09:08 EST 2009

On Wed, 04 Feb 2009 17:23:55 -0000, Vincent Davis
<vincent at vincentdavis.net> wrote:

> I guess what I am saying is that it does not seem like I am adding any
> information that is not already there when I have to enter that list and
> list name after all they are the same.
> Thanks

But you are.  Consider just for a moment what happens when you execute
savedata([1, 2, 3, 55]).

Fundamentally, the concept of a single unique name for any object isn't
something built into the language (or, indeed, most languages I can think
of).  An object can have no names (though it'll promptly get garbage
collected if it isn't assigned to a name somehow), or just as easily
one or many names.