How to trigger a smart link?

Muddy Coder cosmo_general at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 4 20:16:00 EST 2009

Hi All,

Using urllib2 can trigger CGI script in server side. However, I
encountered a problem of the so-called smart link. When a fairly large
site, the server needs to track the identifier of each request from
client, so it generated an ugly escape string attached on url. It
seems that I must get this ugly escape string first then I can can
fill the string into my url, and the CGI script on server side can be
triggered. For example,

http://whatever.com/submitreal.cgi?fp=3xD0TuGMp7C7gP1TRD

displays a submit form. If I just copy

http://whatever.com/submitreal.cgi

to url address, without the escape string ?fp=3xD0TuGMp7C7gP1TRD, the
browser will report error of 404

I found Python has a module of escape, but I don't know how to use
this module to solve the problem above. Or, I just wonder does urllib2
has such a method to handle smart link? Thanks!

Moddy Coder