How to find wxPython method documentation??

Mike Driscoll kyosohma at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 09:08:50 EST 2009

On Feb 4, 5:06 pm, len <lsumn... at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am going through the "wxPython in Action" book by Noel Rappin and
> Robin Dunn.
>
> I have been typing in the example programs as I go and play with
> modifing the code.
> Thought I should start trying to find my way around the documentation
> found on the wxPython web site.
>
> The problem I have been having is I can't find the methods or more
> specifically
>
> 'SetBackgroundColour' or 'AddSimpleTool' for example.
>
> How does one find the methods that are available in the classes.
>
> I tried looking at the wxWidgets web site and still had the same
> problem.
>
> Could someone give me a little direction in this?
>
> Thanks
> Len

In addition to what the others have said, there's also an alternate
doc location done up by one guy who seems to have a lot of free time:

http://xoomer.virgilio.it/infinity77/wxPython/index.html

The wiki is also helpful:

http://wiki.wxpython.org/

But I concur that the mailing list is definitely THE place to be to
learn the most once you've gotten comfortable with the toolkit.

Mike