Scanning a file character by character

Jorgen Grahn grahn+nntp at snipabacken.se
Fri Feb 6 08:17:29 EST 2009

On Wed, 4 Feb 2009 22:48:13 -0800 (PST), Spacebar265 <spacebar265 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi. Does anyone know how to scan a file character by character and
> have each character so I can put it into a variable. I am attempting
> to make a chatbot and need this to read the saved input to look for
> spelling mistakes and further analysis of user input.

That does not follow. To analyze a text, the worst possible starting
point is one variable for each character (what would you call them --
character_1, character_2, ... character_65802 ?)

/Jorgen

--
  // Jorgen Grahn <grahn@        Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu
\X/     snipabacken.se>          R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!