Is c.l.py becoming less friendly?

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Sat Feb 7 02:37:19 EST 2009

Albert Hopkins wrote:
> Probably that [c.l.]python is becoming more popular and, like most
> things as they become popular, it loses its "purity"... much like the
> Internet in the early 1990s.

Several years ago when I proposed the addition of list.pop(), a couple
of people accused me of trying to ruin Python (by spoiling its 'purity',
I guess).  There were some other unfriendly things said a few years
later, by and to various people, in the discussion of integer division.
  So I think python-list has become more friendly since.

Terry Jan Reedy