Python3.0 has more duplication in source code than Python2.5

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Sat Feb 7 12:28:15 EST 2009

> And I'm not saying that you can not have duplication in code. But it
> seems that the stable & successful software releases tend to have
> relatively stable duplication rate.

So if some software has an instable duplication rate, it probably
means that it is either not stable, or not successful.

In the case of Python 3.0, it's fairly obvious which one it is:
it's not stable. Indeed, Python 3.0 is a significant change from
Python 2.x. Of course, anybody following the Python 3 development
process could have told you see even without any code metrics.

I still find the raw numbers fairly useless. What matters more to
me is what specific code duplications have been added. Furthermore,
your Dup30 classification is not important to me, but I'm rather
after the nearly 2000 new chunks of code that has more than 60
subsequent tokens duplicated.

Regards,
Martin