Python on TV-centric platforms

Diez B. Roggisch deets at nospam.web.de
Sat Feb 7 19:32:00 EST 2009

Vitaliy Yermolenko schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> Any chance to see Python to be ready for "Widget Development Kit (WDK)
> to third-party developers to create applications and services for
> viewing on TVs, or to move applications to the TV from the PC viewing
> environment" as on
> http://www.intelconsumerelectronics.com/Consumer-Electronics-3.0/Widget-Channel-Overview.aspx?
> Thoughts/ideas?

Given that the site shows not much more but marketing statements for
otherwise technically unspecified systems (mentioning only a few
buzzwords like JS & AJAX), I guess the answer is: sure python is ready.
It is for example used in superkaramba, a widget-application even older
than the OSX variant of the same concept.

But unless you have a concrete system in mind, with a toolchain and
actual WDK, the answer can't possibly be final.

Diez