easy_install

Duncan Booth duncan.booth at invalid.invalid
Sun Feb 8 10:34:03 EST 2009

hall.jeff at gmail.com wrote:

> http://peak.telecommunity.com/DevCenter/EasyInstall#downloading-and-ins
> talling-a-package
>
> seems to imply that after installation I can goto a command prompt and
> type
>
> easy_install c:\MySQL_python-1.2.2-py2.4-win32.egg
>
> I tried doing this in the python interpreter and on a straight "cmd"
> command prompt (the site doesn't really specify).

Start a Windows command prompt. You probably don't have the directory
containing easy_install on your path, so use the 'cd' command to change to
the directory it was installed in: that will be the Scripts directory under
the directory to which you installed Python. So since you seem to be using
Python 2.4 that might be:

C:\>cd C:\Python24\Scripts

C:\Python24\Scripts>easy_install c:\MySQL_python-1.2.2-py2.4-win32.egg

Alternatively in a single command:

C:\>C:\Python24\Scripts\easy_install c:\MySQL_python-1.2.2-py2.4-win32.egg