easy_install

Stephen Hansen apt.shansen at gmail.com
Sun Feb 8 13:13:10 EST 2009

> I updated my easy_install, used the scripts directory, dropped the "c:\" and
> it gave the response below for me:

That's kinda apples to oranges to what the OP's problem is.

The OP appears to be trying to install an egg he downloaded
previously. You're instructing easy_install (by dropping the c:\) to
search PyPi for an egg that isn't provided. The problem you're having
is that it can't find on the internet any packages that match that
name (because if you wanted it to find something on the internet,
you'd say "easy_install MySQL_python").

--S