Python on TV-centric platforms

Vitaliy Yermolenko vitaliyy at gmail.com
Sun Feb 8 17:32:13 EST 2009

Hi,

Thanks for thoughts.

As I can see considering Yahoo Widgets (based on
HTML/JavaScript/Flash), XML, AJAX and JavaScript (i. e. web
components) on Figure 1 of
http://www.intelconsumerelectronics.com/Consumer-Electronics-3.0/Widget-Channel-Overview.aspx,
it seems, like Pyjamas is more close for Widget Channel integration,
than XBMC Media Center.

Another question is whether Framework API will be available for
Python, and how deployment will be done?

>On Feb 8, 9:23 am, Vitaliy Yermolenko <vital... at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Any chance to see Python to be ready for "Widget Development Kit (WDK)
>> to third-party developers to create applications and services for
>> viewing on TVs [...]
>
>The excellent XBMC[1] has had Python support for years.

WBR, Vitaliy.