cannot install

Vladimír Župka vzupka at volny.cz
Mon Feb 9 09:05:01 EST 2009

I have Mac OS X Leopard 10.5.6 and I downloaded and unpacked Python
3.0 into a folder (/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework) and ran
commands:

cd /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Python-3.0
python setup.py install

and got the message reporting a syntax error:

Macintosh:~ vzupka$ /bin/csh
[Macintosh:~] vzupka% cd /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Python-3.0
[Macintosh:Frameworks/Python.framework/Python-3.0] vzupka% python
setup.py install
   File "setup.py", line 232
     except (CCompilerError, DistutilsError) as why:
                                              ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax
[Macintosh:Frameworks/Python.framework/Python-3.0] vzupka%

What is the reason and how do I install?

Regards,
Vladimír Župka
vzupka at volny.cz