Py2app Py2exe and losing extensibility

Gabriel Genellina gagsl-py2 at yahoo.com.ar
Mon Feb 9 10:14:17 EST 2009

En Mon, 09 Feb 2009 12:43:46 -0200, member Basu <basu at archlinux.us>
escribió:

> I'm currently working on a project that allows users to write their own
> Python modules as simple extensions (basically output formatters). I
> would
> like to do a cross-platform release and so I'm using PyQt and will be
> trying
> to convert it to native builds using Py2app and Py2xe. I don't want
> users to
> have to install Qt and PyQt to run it. But if I do that, will I still be
> able to load Python modules dynamically as extensions ? (assuming that
> the
> user machine has Python installed separately).

I don't know about py2app but if you use py2exe your users still can
provide their own modules. And they don't have to install Python
separately (asuming that your "private" one contains all the library
modules they want to use)
I don't understand your concerns about installing Qt/PyQt.

--
Gabriel Genellina