optparse versus getopt

Pete Forman pete.forman at westerngeco.com
Wed Feb 11 08:42:26 EST 2009

Robert Kern <robert.kern at gmail.com> writes:

>> is there some way i can force the import based on the the absolute
>> path to the module?
>
 > Better would be for you to copy the optparse.py module onto your
 > Jython's import path. I'm not particularly familiar with the details
 > of Jython, so you will need to consult with the Jython documentation
 > unless if a Jython expert can jump in here. Here is one message
 > describing this procedure:
>
 >   http://osdir.com/ml/lang.jython.user/2004-01/msg00086.html

Here are notes from some of my code which can run on Jython.  You
might also like to check out Jython 2.5 which is in beta.

  Jython 2.2 needs optparse.py and textwrap.py.  These can be copied
  from Python 2.3 or Optik 1.4.1 or later.  May also need gettext.py
  and locale.py.

--
Pete Forman                -./\.-  Disclaimer: This post is originated
WesternGeco                  -./\.-   by myself and does not represent