best way to serve wsgi with multiple processes

Robin robince at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 17:22:17 EST 2009

On Feb 11, 9:32 pm, Graham Dumpleton <graham.dumple... at gmail.com>
wrote:
> 2009/2/12 alex goretoy <aleksandr.gore... at gmail.com>:
>
> > GAE (Google App Engine) uses WSGI for webapps. You don't have to overhead of
> > managing a server and all it's services this way as well. Just manage dns
> > entries. Although, there are limitations depending on your project needs of
> > what libs you need to use.
>
> GAE is not suitable as they kill off any requests that take more than
> a set time. That time isn't that long, so can't support long running
> requests.

GAE is definitely not suitable in this case... The servers are
provided and maintained as part of a large scientific project for
which I am providing just a few services... Other groups are running
services in other platforms on tomcat through soaplab/instantsoap -
but I was hoping to use native python services since I thought it
would be easier.

Cheers

Robin