Iterable Ctypes Struct

mark.seagoe at gmail.com mark.seagoe at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 21:02:12 EST 2009

On Feb 11, 5:51 pm, Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch <bj_... at gmx.net> wrote:
> On Wed, 11 Feb 2009 17:33:23 -0800, mark.seagoe wrote:
> > Not sure what generic attribute container is.  I am reading in from xml
> > file all reg names for a chip.
>
> Are you using instances of that class to interface C code or to read/
> write data intended to be read or written by a C program?  If not then
> `ctypes` might be the wrong tool.
>
> Ciao,
>         Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch

It's accessing through USB so I'm also interfacing to Win32 drivers.
But at this higher level, since I'm somewhat new to Python so I'm not
aware of other classes which exist to allow accessing in the format
desired (without quotes and using dot notation):
classname.elementname1, instead of something like classname
["elementname1"].  It's just cosmetic, but I'd prefer the dot notation
without quotes for the end user experience of script writing later.
Is there something besides ctypes.Structure that would do that?

Thx,
Mark