Spam

andrew cooke andrew at acooke.org
Thu Feb 12 12:42:15 EST 2009

A quick search on "imap nntp" turned up this list that might be useful -
http://deflexion.com/messaging/ although I wonder when it was written
because I remember using Aaron's RSS to email aggregator when RSS was
new(!).

It mentions gmane, though, which certainly still exists (I assume it
carries this list too).  And this page suggests you can read gmane via
nntp - http://reticule.gmane.org/

Aha!  yes!  It;s in the FAQ :o)

  Can I read news via secure NNTP (nntps)?
  Yes. Point your news reader towards nntps://snews.gmane.org/.

http://www.gmane.org/faq.php

I should be working; I will try that this evening.  What was the name of
the client that threaded messages with a cute ascii tree?!

Cheers,
Andrew