how to distribute python extensions independently of python

andrew cooke andrew at acooke.org
Thu Feb 12 12:45:33 EST 2009

You might want to read
https://www.dfwpython.org/repo/Presentations/2008-10-04-PyArkansas-PythonEggsIntro/eggs-introduction.pdf

It covers a lot of ground; I used it to work out how to distribute a pure
Python package, but I am sure it mentions compiled packages too.  In my
case I ended up using setuptools (easy_install) and distutils.

(Not sure if you asking just about compiling, or more general packaging,
but IIRC it covers both).

Andrew