Untangling pythonWin and IDLE Processes on XP Pro

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Thu Feb 12 13:00:54 EST 2009

W. eWatson wrote:
> As with Diez, I simply ask, "How do I get around the problem?" Are you
> two telling me that it is impossible?

Try this analogy.  One television, two stubborn kids that want to watch
different programs.  One has the remote, the other the buttons on the
TV.  What happens?  How do you make both happy.  Solve that and get rich
;-).

Even better analogy.  One inbox.  Two people on opposite sides each want
'first dibs' on each item that drops.  How do you make them both happy,
especially if they are equally stubborn clones?

> OK, here's my offer to both of you. Do you have IDLE for Python 2.5 and
> have  good familiarity with Tkinter? If so, I'll send you the code and
> you can try it yourself. My guess is that it will work, and if not, and
> you are sufficiently skilled with Tkinter and debugging, you may find
> the problem in the code. The steps to create the problem are very easy.

That is a request, not an offer.