Upgrading standard library module

Bryan bryanvick at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 15:42:41 EST 2009

I have a Python v2.5.2 server running and I found some undesirable
behavior in the xmlrpclib module that is included with that version of
Python.  The xmlrpclib version that is included with Python 2.6
changes the behavior for the better.  I nervous about upgrading my
Python install to 2.6 on this server because I remember reading in the
docs of a library I use that it targets the 2.5 branch.  What is the
best way to only upgrade the xmlrpclib in my 2.5 install?

Also, have you all had problems with libraries not specifying which
Python version they target?  I can't find a requirements for the
formencode library.  It is kind of scary upgrading my Python server
install without being sure all my libraries will work.  Experiences??

Bryan