Turning a signature-changing decorator into a signature-preserving one

Michele Simionato michele.simionato at gmail.com
Sat Feb 14 00:38:15 EST 2009

On Feb 14, 12:56 am, Gustavo Narea <m... at gustavonarea.net> wrote:
> Hello, everybody.
>
> I have this signature-changing decorator
> <http://paste.chrisarndt.de/paste/15aac02a90094a41a13a1b9b85a14dd6>
> which I
> want to turn into a signature-preserving one. Here's my try
> <http://paste.chrisarndt.de/paste/d0f835c00f824437bf4a0898f8020fc8>,
> but I get
> this error:http://paste.chrisarndt.de/paste/33e06be6e6d74e49b05c45534dfcc9fe?wra...
>
> What am I doing wrong? I think it looks like this example:http://pypi.python.org/pypi/decorator#async
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
>   - Gustavo.
>
> PS: functols.wrap is not an option because my code has to work with
> Python 2.4+.

Difficult to see what is happening, since you have so many
dependencies. However, from the traceback I would say that
you are passing to the decorator a function with a __name__
attribute which is None. I would insert a call to pdb here

def __call__(self, func):
        import pdb; pdb.set_trace()
        return decorator(self.call, func)

and I would inspect func.__name__.