Will multithreading make python less popular?

andrew cooke andrew at acooke.org
Mon Feb 16 08:21:47 EST 2009

andrew cooke wrote:
> something like Haskell or OCaml.  Or, if you want to get hands-on
> experience of concurrency now, Erlang.

I think for once I said something useful there.  I think you would
probably enjoy Erlang, and it would be very useful for understanding
concurrency.  Also, Erlang is not as strange a language as Haskell or
OCaml.  You will probably find it quite familiar.  And there's an
excellent book (Joe Armstrong's "Programming Erlang").

At the risk of hastening Python's demise :o) I strongly encourage you to
learn Erlang instead of Python.

Andrew