RedHat 4

J. Cliff Dyer jcd at sdf.lonestar.org
Mon Feb 16 10:51:49 EST 2009

It *works* in RHEL 4, but it doesn't come as a package.  RHEL4 ships
with Python 2.3, and RHEL 5 only ships with Python 2.4, even though 2.5
had been out for god knows how long when it came out.

Though I haven't tested it, I wouldn't recommend replacing the system's
python binary with 2.5 if you do install it yourself.  Instead, install
it to python2.5, and set the shebang line (#!) on your scripts to point
to /usr/local/bin/python2.5  (or wherever you install it).

Cheers,
Cliff