Posting multiple files via a web site.

pdl5000 paul.lemelle at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 12:37:27 EST 2009

I would like to start write a Python script that upload multiple files
to a web server.  I research the methods, and I am somewhat confused
between using the http & urllib2 modules.  I assume (and could be
wrong) that the most basic method would be to use a cgi-Python script
on the web server then use a client script on the local host - is this
a bad assumption?

And from the cgi script, would it be possible to direct the files to a
certain mount point?  If so, what method to use?

Thanks,
Paul