Is there something easier than ORM?

alex23 wuwei23 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 22:28:08 EST 2009

On Feb 18, 3:10 am, Robert Kern <robert.k... at gmail.com> wrote:
> Its public image definitely suffers from the impression that it's "an ORM" that
> can be compared on equal terms with packages that actually are just ORMs. I
> describe it as a very powerful toolkit for solving a wide variety of problems
> involving SQL databases. One of those tools happens to be an ORM.

I'm going to have to steal that description the next time I try to
sell a co-worker on the value of SQLAlchemy. There's always a strong
reaction against the mention of ORMs, generally along the lines of it
moving the programmer too far away from the real action. But my
experience is identical to both andrew's and your's; there is far far
more of value in SQLA than the ORM alone.