Directory

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Wed Feb 18 09:15:25 EST 2009

gtillmon wrote:
> Hello.  I am new to the Python language.
> I would like to know how to display and store the path of each mondule
> that is called.

Modules are imported, not called.

> Similar to the old READY TRACE in COBOL of long ago.

It's certainly possible to trace function calls, if that would help.
sys.settrace allows you to establish a function that gets called
whenever a Python function call is executed. The documentation is a
little sparse, but you can find a rough example under "Crude Python
Debugging" in

  http://www.st.ewi.tudelft.nl/~mol/snippets.php

regards
 Steve
--
Steve Holden        +1 571 484 6266   +1 800 494 3119